I hate buying applesauce as it’s full of high fructose corn syrup and sugar. No thanks! This Healthy Slow Cooker Applesauce contains no added sugar or corn syrup but you’ll still love it and it has the added benefit of Thieves Vitality Essential Oil.
We went apple picking recently and then the kids and I made applesauce for homeschool and had a blast but of course the boys way overpicked on purpose so they could make applesauce with me and that’s what I love about homeschool: one day at an apple orchard becomes a whole day of fun school projects like cooking after!
I love using my Young living essential oils in recipes and this one is no different. Thieves Vitality oil is a great one to help our immune systems and as we head into winter the more boosting the better right? It also contains cinnamon and nutmeg both of which are spices I love to add to applesauce so instead I added oil.
So here’s the recipe for the Healthy Slow Cooker Applesauce that is real food in the crockpot!
- 12 apples
- 2 TBS water
- 1 teaspoon Bragg's apple cider vinegar or other raw ACV
- Thieves Vitality oil or cinnamon and nutmeg spices
- I don't peel my apples as the nutrients are in there but you can if you like!
- Cut your apples into thick slices and add to the crock pot.
- Add the water and ACV and stir.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Mash it with a potato masher.
- Add 2-3 drops of Thieves Vitality oil.
I’ve found that this 6qt crockpot is perfect for this recipe!