These Homemade Lavender Lotion Bars are a great way to combat dry skin and they make a super cute gift. Last year I ran out of one of my favorite store bought lotions and I asked around as to what people were using to keep their hands soft during the winter. After lots of dissatisfied answers I decided it was time to make my own Lotion Bars.
As I’m trying to really watch what products I put on my skin, I like that I can use natural ingredients and for a frugal living girl like myself it also makes it cheaper. The recipe I made cost me around $6 to make and I got 6 bars out of it. You can add drops of Young Living Lavender Oil to them to make a great smelling bar that has added protective properties.
The recipe is simple and you can make in a large or small batch.
Homemade Lavender Lotion Bars – Makes 6 medium bars
- 1/2 a cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of beeswax
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 2 drops of essential oil of lavender oil. You could also use Joy, Stress Away, Tangerine or Orange. Lots of options!
1) Add the ingredients into a pint-size mason jar and put the lid on.
2) Place in about 2 inches of water in a pan on the stove top and turn on medium heat.
3) Boil the water and as it gets hotter the ingredients will melt together.
4) Using a hot pad lift the jar and shake it part way through to help the ingredients melt.
5) Once it is all in liquid form, pour into silicone molds.
6) Wait for about an hour for it to cool before popping them out.
These bars are wonderful to keep next to the sink or in your room where your hands dry out after washing them. As the bar reaches your warm hand it will melt into your palm.