I LOVE, LOVE lipbalms but I don’t like all the chemicals in most of them so I’m making my own nowadays. Did you know that many of the lip balms that we see in all the stores, contain endocrine disruptors and nasty chemicals? Yup that little stick of dryness relief may be hurting more than helping you.
Most contain one of these nasty ingredients:
- Coal tar dyes linked to cancer
- Artificial fragrance or flavor
- Synthetic colors or dyes
I have a basic recipe I use but this time I wanted to try out some fall scents. Not only do they keep my lips moist but they have therapeutic benefits! The recipe below makes 12 and you can buy lipbalm containers here. I like the lipbalm tubes but these tins are cute as are these plastic containers.
Fall Spice Lip Balm Recipe
1 oz of beeswax
3 heaping Tbsp coconut oil
5 drops each of Nutmeg Vitality, Ginger Vitality, Cinnamon Bark Vitality, and Clove Vitality.
Glass Pyrex Measuring Cup
Lip balm containers
1. Place beeswax, and coconut oil in a glass bowl.
2. Place this bowl over pan with boiling water (use a double boiler if you prefer).
3. Use a wooden spoon or plastic spatula to stir until all oils are melted.
4. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
5. Add in essential oils and stir well.
6. Pour into lip balm containers.