I needed a baby shower gift and thought I’d make lotion bars hence the recipe for Homemade Baby Lotion Bars as a gift for a friend. They’re easy (holler!), good for baby (double holler) and cheap (can I get a woot?!) and that my readers is why I make stuff around here!
So the first thing you want is a mold. I have a heart silicone mold that I got from IKEA but you can grab one here. Then just a couple more ingredients and you’re good to go!
- 1 cup of unrefined coconut oil
- 1 cup of beeswax pellets
- 1 tsp vitamin E oil
- Essential Oils. I buy mine here. I used Gentle Baby but you could also use lavender.
- Take an old glass jar and add the beeswax pellets and melt them over a double boiler or in a pan of water.
- Add the coconut oil and let it melt.
- Let it cool for a couple of minutes and then add the vitamin E oil and Young living Gentle Baby oil.
- Pour into the silicone mold.
- Cool in the fridge.
- Pop out.