When my kids were in diapers we used a lot of butt creams but none that had as few ingredients that I could pronounce 🙁 In fact many read like a science experiment and so I chose more natural solutions. This week I wanted to make something for a friend and armed with my essential oils I knew there was a better solution and there is! I’ve got a stash of oily related items so i was able to quickly make up this butt cream and you can too! I’ve linked the ones I like to Amazon so you can quickly purchase.
- 2 TBS beeswax pellets
- 3 TBS 100 % shea butter
- 3 TBS extra virgin coconut oil
- Essential Oils. I buy mine here.
- 4oz mason jar
- 8oz mason jar
- Small pan
Why Use These Items?
Beeswax is great to help moisturize and The shea butter is full of vitamins A and E which help soothe skin.
The shea butter thickens the coconut oil making a nice balm instead of a liquidy paste which really helps protect the skin.
- Add the beeswax and shea butter into the 8oz mason jar and place in a pan of boiling water until the ingredients are melted.
- Add the coconut oil and melt.
- Allow the mixture to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Add 6 drops of Lavender oil (or more if desired)
- Once it’s not translucent grab your mixer and whip it. Yup, whip it good! Dan dan da dddaaa!
- Then use a sppon to transfer into your 4oz mason jar.
- Ta-da! Butt Balm!
What’s your fave oily baby recipe?