I LOVE LOVE lipbalms but I don’t like all the chemicals in most of them so I’m making my own nowadays. I have a basic recipe I use but this time I wanted to try out some fall scents. Not only do they keep my lips moist but they have therapeutic benefits! The recipe below makes 20 and you can buy lipbalm containers here.
Fall Spice Lip Balm Recipe
1 ounce beeswax (3 tablespoons)
1 ounce coconut oil (2 tablespoons)
½ ounce Shea butter (1 tablespoon)
½ ounce cocoa butter (1 tablespoon)
8 drops Young Living cinnamon oil
5 drops Young Living clove oil
5 drops Young Living cardamom oil
5 drops Young Living orange oil
5 drops Young Living nutmeg oil
1. Place beeswax, coconut oil, Shea butter and cocoa butter in a glass bowl.
2. Place this bowl over pan with boiling water (use a double boiler if you prefer).
3. Use a wooden spoon or plastic spatula to stir until all oils are melted.
4. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
5. Add in essential oils and stir well.
6. Pour into lip balm containers.